Monday, November 16, 2015

Day 4 - You're listening to...

I never used to be able to listen to people read to me.

I love books!  I love the smell and the feel and the look.  My giant bookshelf is overflowing.

The challenge is in finding the time to read.

Take, for example, Middlemarch.  I've started it many times, but I never get far.  I keep trying and I've committed to getting through it, but finding the time is challenging.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I've started listening to books during my walks to work.

At first it was very foreign to listen to an unknown voice reading a book to me.  But I kept listening and now I look forward to it!   I have adapted to listening to somebody read and my imagination has started to wander as I listen to the words.  It makes me happy!

Right now, I'm listening to the Inheritance Cycle and am on book 4 (Inheritance).  My daughter read them many years ago and has been waiting for me to finish so that she can discuss them!

Every once in a while, I find myself chuckling out loud or gasping about something I have just heard.  I've done it while walking past people and I feel foolish for a moment, but not for much longer than that!

What's next on my list?

7 Habits of Highly Effective People - Stephen Covey
Harry Potter - J.K. Rowling (My daughter and I are off to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter right after Christmas so I MUST be prepared!  I've read them before, but it's been a while.)
Mars Trilogy - Kim Stanley Robinson
Dragonriders of Pern - Anne & Todd McCaffery
Bossypants - Tina Fey
Middlemarch - George Eliot

As you can see, I enjoy fantasy books!

Do you have any audiobooks that you would recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop a line to let me know you've been here. It's so motivating to write more if you know somebody's reading! Enjoy your days!!